Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Commercial

 I saw a commercial this morning and its tagline said “Control means everything to me”. I understood the context in relation to the message conveyed by the commercial, but I still had to laugh. My pursuit of control has left me miserable and angry. My therapist is always reminding me to be careful what you wish for. I’ve sought control for as long as my brain could grasp the concept. Control does not give me answers, it robs me of peace. It has been suggested I pray for peace for myself. It’s a work in progress. I usually think to pray as I am under the warm spray. Perfect I am not, but it is a miracle I’m actually starting to listen. 

A lot of you are older than me. Share your wisdom. Please. And if you feel led please pray that I find peace, however God decides it looks for me. 

Thank you.

Love yourself and one another

Regine

12 comments:

  1. I think if I was in control instead of God, I would be a complete mess. Thank You God for being in control and yes Regine I will be praying for you!πŸ˜˜πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a relief to know God is in control and I'm not. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Control? Of the important things? Queue hysterical laughter. It is not something I have ever achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 50/50 on control. The trick is learning where you need control to keep on an even keel and when to let it go. And that's not easy! I'm pretty flexible about having a plan (I do like a plan and go a little nuts if others are involved and we don't have one) but am perfectly willing to give it up if the occasion calls for it -- something better comes up, a new opportunity, an emergency. In my environment, I like control -- to know where things are (not that anyone else thinks it's organized, but I do!). But I know there are some things beyond my control and I've learned to let go of those. Not easy, but essential.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a tough one for me. Some things you need to control. Exercise, food intake, healthy choices, but much you don't need to control.

    Have a blessed day and rest of the week, Regine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I saw a cool quote on Pinterest: Sometimes you don't get what you want because you deserve better :)

    PS great idea! I have a few gift guides in the works!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is very little that we actually have control of, so there is no point in wasting energy worrying about things beyond our control. Of course I don't succeed in that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I realize that there really isn't much I can control but it's still something I fight. On the other hand - it's good to know that it's God who is really in control!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Worry and trying to control our lives only results in stress and frustration, as you have found, and acknowledging that is half the battle - the other half is repeatedly handing things and situations over to God when we find we are trying to solve things ourselves (again) We are all 'works in progress' in this, so do be patient with, and kind to, yourself
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same boat. My therapist keeps telling me i cant control what people do...or everything else πŸ™ƒ. I'm trying to practice the art of letting go....which I'm not very good at.

    ReplyDelete