Monday, April 15, 2024

Love

 Keep your eyes

On the prize

Christ has 

Set before you

Eyes to see

Hope

The soul

To welcome

The flares

Of fire

My heart

To seek

Love

The body

To find

Effusive joy

Because 

I’m armed

By the King

Of Heaven

Who came 

To Earth

Living fearlessly

Without doubt

Of tomorrow’s outcome

The Son

In me

Within me

To rise

On the wings

Of angels

To lead me

In my efforts

Now and forever

My desire

Is that 

God is present

Ridding myself

Of my own fleshly ambitions

Has been a battle

Not without sin

Here in these parts

I don’t deny it

The fact is 

I need forgiveness

For my wayward thoughts

Stripping my worldly wants

For a faith

Tested and redeemed 

Is taking on

A new level

Of patience

Don’t ask me

To pray for it

I haven’t

And He is 

Still having me 

Seek what

I don’t want

Don’t question

If God 

Won’t do it

It happens every day

Every time

Why 

Is uttered by

My lips

I get

Taught

Another lesson

In what 

It means to wait

Admit defeat

Yet say thank you

Anyway

9 comments:

  1. Learning those powerful lessons, no matter how difficult they might seem at the time, we trust in God's plan, and we are free in His grace and mercy to live fully as He always intended. Blessings always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember He is always with us. He knows our hearts.
    And cares about us. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes life has some difficult lessons. But don't be too hard on yourself.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience is seldom easy. What we want and what is best for us does not always match in Gods eyes. His plan will always win out.

    Hugs and God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, Rue IN every gibe thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you 🙏
    Praying this blessing this day,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give auto correction changed in to Gibe before my eyes just now, weird.

      Delete
  6. your writing comes from a very inspired place - your heart.

    ReplyDelete