Monday, November 22, 2021

Part two

 Two cups of coffee deep, and I’m going to give another glimpse into the testimony. I will say this:  My mental state was absolutely in shambles, and therapy would come later. I found that my journey to the church and worship music started to break the walls of my torn soul. I had a particular friend who on many instances would mend the pieces of me, I couldn’t fix. I still listen to worship music daily. As for the church, that’s another story. I can’t go into without my emotions getting the best of me. I also started to write. The tears that came after years of repression were needed. I will never forget sitting at my Sony Vaio bawling listening to Michael W. Smith. As I would write, the words I would read back were something I couldn’t handle. I couldn’t come to grips with getting older, and the what ifs of what my future would hold. If your disabled, and watched your family worry about you as you age, it is downright terrifying. If you have, I don’t need to explain. If you haven’t, it’s one of your greatest blessings. Disability wouldn’t kill me, but my reaction to it, almost did. I see myself being in therapy for the foreseeable future. I need to say this. God saved me more times than once, and therapy helps me stay sane. This is part two

29 comments:

  1. Music is a wonderful healer, isn't it. And yes, I've experienced the worry of others. I'm so grateful you have found the best ways to stay sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. music and church always heels the souls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team, me too!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OA música ouvida em silêncio sempre foi uma boa terapia.
    Também gosto de ouvir musica a fim de sossegar a alma e o coração.
    .
    Um dia feliz … abraço
    .
    Pensamentos e Devaneios Poéticos
    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Regine,
    In the Mystic of our Faith and in the worship music, we can connect with the Creator and find a connection to our other life.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Combination of Music and religious (belief) are always better for the one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soul needs music-take care
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Worship music uplifts our spirit and ultimately heals it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your vulnerability. And love your statement--God saved me more times than once! So true!!! Do you follow Joni Eareckson Tada's daily devotional? She encourages me in faith daily: https://www.joniandfriends.org/help-inspiration/daily-devotional/
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Disabilities certainly add to life's challenges. Glad you are finding relief.
    Music soothes us for sure.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your immense strength and faith never fail to astound me. Stay strong dear Regine <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Music has the power to ease your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  13. May Jesus continue to heal your soul and body and give you peace. Yes, music is a great comfort when it is the right kind of music to reach the deepest parts of our souls. Praying for you as you continue in your journey. God is right there with you...and He always will be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just pray that Jesus wraps his arms around you in a special way tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Therapy is a good thing and so are hugs, we send you a bunch of gently ones.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes to music. It often brings me to tears also. And Michael W Smith is one of my favorites. Therapy is a good thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Music and writing are ways to heal, and Church is a perfect place to go when we are weary. That particular friend of yours is very special for being there for you. I had a similar friend, an older woman, who was wise and kind and there when I needed it the most. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is quite the transformation when you come to God, he lets you feel things and know things you never did before without him, I am also glad you have found someone to talk things through with.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Regine! I love listening to Christian music. The hymns are my favorite. They are so comforting to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Music is a great way to escape. Yes and coffee helps too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wishing you the best. Your sweetness to the rest of us and encouragement will hopefully help ease your pain. I always smile when I come here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You definitely have a difficult road to walk Regine, but God, and your disability are making you a strong and wonderful woman
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete