Monday, September 25, 2023

Yes

 I’m having a realization. I don’t think I’ve been granted the desires of my heart, because what I want isn’t in line with God’s will for my life. As much as I want the glory, and therein lies the problem, I’ve been selfish in my desire.  God must be protecting me fiercely. Thank you for thinking I’m amazing. In the past, I would dispute that fact, but today I will accept the compliment. I may not think it or feel it, but I will claim it. Making an effort to change my habits. I’ve been speaking negatively about myself for years. Thanks to a therapist for digging to the roots with me. I’m not cured. I’m not sure I will ever be, but I deserve to love and be loved. Could it be: He hasn’t answered because the creation I needed to love first, is the one I struggle to look in the mirror. Forty, the year I stop bashing the one who least can afford the beating. Jesus, therapy and medicine, the elixir. The reason I still have breath today. 

Love yourself and one another

Regine

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder/wake up call! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup.You most definitely are Amazing;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good words and realizations today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Changing the way we think of ourselves is the first step. It creates such a freeing way of love for us and others.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To quote Robert Burns
    “O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as others see us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You so often end with the quote - Love yourself and one another... like you I have found it hard to love myself, but I also am learning that lesson.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it hard when life isn't what you want it to be? WE think we have so much control, and sometimes we don't. I hope you're having a great week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can't heal or move forward unless we forgive ourselves

    ReplyDelete