Monday, May 9, 2022

Nature

 Just sitting in silence

Remembering when

To fight

When to stop

When to meditate

Leave it in prayer

For when

I don’t understand

I get mad

And anger

Is an emotion

That leaves

Me in disarray

I’m coming undone

Knowing what worked

Years ago

Doesn’t cut it now

I still see injustice

But I can’t let others pain

Destroy my peace

I’m to pray

Do what I can

And leave it

In hands

More capable

Than my own

My mental state

On a razor’s edge

On a wave

On the shores

Of Oahu

Riding atop

The white caps

Basking on the highs

Of nature’s beauty

12 comments:

  1. So well expressed and so poetic. Wishing a day of fulfillment ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so much hope that you find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Hugs))) Sometimes we just have to let it go and let God take control. I've learned the hard way...I can't do it myself. I have to let it go into hands much more capable than my own. Jesus never fails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take a very complex feeling and expressed it in words that are so succinct.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, my happy place today. I’m smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful escapism, darling! I admire your strength.

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lovely way with words, lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You say it so well, dealing with our challenges in life. I admire that in every way.

    ReplyDelete