Monday, May 1, 2023

Miraculous Monday

 Heading to PT today. One body part feels stronger, another feels weaker. Working on balance is testing my mettle. I’m a flailing whale, not a graceful gazelle. I know everything takes time, but do I feel pangs of what if. Why did God make me this way, where marching in place for thirty seconds straight makes my equilibrium shake. It also doesn’t help that I’m woefully out of shape. That’s a whole other issue. I can only handle one at a time. I had to talk to my best friend to remind me that CP is one part of my story, and I’m finally learning the other parts of my story. The world has defined so much by that one part, and so have I. Here’s to learning who I am. I really don’t know who I am now, versus who I was before. It feels so odd getting to know all of myself. It’s very odd, but a little exciting. Do I write the story of the scared being afraid of its own shadow, to breaking free of my own expectation. That is the question. I can’t answer that right now. I’ve spent a life, hiding. I spent a life seeking. I’ve spent a life in deep reflection and utter contemplation. I’ve wondered and wandered a globe searching for meaning for my life. My life that can’t be measured in societal standards and norms. No matter how much PT is working my body, my mind is undergoing bulldozing. Where what you once thought has been completely obliterated. God is using what I didn’t want to get me to what I’m in need of. Miraculous. 

17 comments:

  1. Balance issues, out of shape... we are experiencing similar feelings in PT. I love that you find the confusion a little exciting. Breaking away. There are never fast answers but you are on a path. And I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you prayers to stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Keep pushing yourself to overcome the obstacles, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it takes your past and your present to know who you really are. I think all of your story is important. I love your title today, dear friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you that you made me laugh, because I'm a flailing whale, not a graceful gazelle too. :)
    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Rue you have such a way with words. My son-in-law Zach lost 45 lbs. this past year. He has an old hockey injury , his shoulder and between weight loss and PT he feels much better. I need to move more. I became such a slug. But these old bones get tired quickly. Remember you are doing the very best for yourself! Never forget that. I hoper your day is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One day at a time on working on your body. It's a slow process, but it works.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Regine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faith and acceptance will help you overcome all obstacles. This is just another chapter in the book of your life. All you have to do is keep turning the page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are all works in various stages of progress. Hang in there and never lose faith in yourself or your true strength dear Regine. I was just prescribed with my old friend PT to rehab my ankle injury.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you. How I hear you - not least on the flailing whale front.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saying a prayer for you ... and sending lots of good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see you as amazing...your courage, your gift with words, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You inspire with your perseverance through trials, Regine! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Courage!!!!
    And trust...
    Kisses dear R

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so courageous Regine - keep up the heard work, both physical and mental, and I am sure God will create a miracle in your life
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this my friend! Here's to noticing what we think is worthless while God turns it into something amazing. So inspirational!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete