Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Lord

 These are my thoughts for today

Lord,

You are using physical therapy as a way to excise the mental demons that invade my soul. As my body strengthens, my soul releases the agony of what it cannot do. I’m looking squarely at the problem. The one between the ears. For all I can do, my focus is on what I cannot. And that has to change. I will never truly be happy if I don’t come to acceptance. Every time I think I’ve come to acceptance, life comes to show me how wrong I am. I’m starting to accept that acceptance is a daily practice in surrender. Acceptance right now is surrendering my need to have it all figured out. Not every issue can be fixed on my timetable. I’m chewing on that right now. It might be a long swallow. I’m also realizing that my issues are deeply rooted. As long as I’m living I will come in daily contact with them. That is okay. Maybe the problem is that I’m fighting the wrong thing.  God hasn’t got rid of the problem. Maybe it’s because this lifelong issue drove me to Himself, and keeps me seated there. I’m under no illusion that God may not rid me of what ails me, if He keeps receiving glory through my life. Love each other and yourself

8 comments:

  1. Acceptance is tough -- I deal with it often. And you're so right about the timetable. We stop. We regroup, as you do. And then we find a way to move on. I hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One step at a time. Been there and done that. It's hard work, but you'll do it.

    Have a blessed day and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you all the best in finding your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being willing to accept things that we cannot change is a leap of faith and maturity. God will change us if it is what He chooses.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's hard- especially in your situation- but my first real growth began when I let go of the things I couldn't control. Like I had them anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you peace in your journey to understanding, Rue. Our souls grow and heal through our trials and tribulations, I believe. You are a beautiful soul. x K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep your eyes on God, and he will give you the grace to do what needs to be done - mentally and physically.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand this, I have been having many physical problems here lately that has slowed me down from doing what I would like to, it's hard to lose what you once were able to do.

    ReplyDelete