Thursday, June 1, 2023

Thoughts

 Some thoughts today

I’m realizing I’m having to give myself grace and understanding. As part of surrender and acceptance, I’m tackling unsavory truths about myself. Being special and different means I don’t conform to the world. As much as I’ve tried, it’s not happening. I don’t check boxes or fill in spaces. It is exhausting to fit a mold not meant for me. I’m trying to lower my expectations for what I expect from others and myself. I would rather take cold plunges in the Arctic than sunbathe in the Caribbean. My soul craves glacial perfection and a view that strips me of sensation. It’s in the fog, that I focus. Struggle is where I live. It’s what I know. It’s what I’ve known. I don’t expect that to change. I just seek to change my reaction to said predicament. God meets where I am. Even when I’m nowhere to be found. Love each other

14 comments:

  1. Loving ourselves and others, no matter where and who we are, holds the key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Struggle is where I live"...what a profound thought. I think it's probably true for all of us as we each strive to be better, be more, be our true selves...that person God sees in us. Keep striving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try and be as kind to yourself as you are to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you expressed today's thoughts beautifully! Molds reproduce their likenesses but there is no variety there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel this way sometimes as well. Try to remember that what makes us different is also makes us unique individuals and it's okay to not fit a mold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do not need to fit a mold set by someone!!!!
    You have your own mold...
    I have my own mold...
    You need to be the best you... you are unique! you are different! and this is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful thoughts! Glad you are aware of what suits you and where you belong. I will take this into consideration this weekend!
    Have a great weekend!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | instagram.com/iamperlita

    ReplyDelete
  8. God will never leave you or forsake you Regine. Rest in Him, for in Him you are seen as perfect. In the 'worlds' eyes we are (all) always imperfect....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be kind to yourself.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the best part of your post is that you KNOW yourself. You KNOW what pleases you and where you think and feel best. That, my friend, is a blessing. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you're overcoming your inner turmoil by trusting in God. It's a struggle. Take care, Regine!

    ReplyDelete