Monday, August 5, 2024

More

 In the overcast skies this morning, I take a breath and soak it all in. I’ve had to reset for a bit. Writing has saved me yet frustrated me. I never stopped, but I lost my fire. I lost my joy. I had to go back to square one. The teenage me who reveled in the written word. I won’t be Vonnegut or Tolstoy, but I can be me. I’ve had to be honest. I’ve had to ask myself why I write. 

Once I started to answer that question, could I find my footing. It’s been an interesting time. Is my joy totally back?  Not yet. Is my confidence back?  No. I continue to push ahead until I find it. Keep moving. Keep going. I refuse to let my mind tell me I’m not good enough. 

God

As I journey on

Give me joy

Give me peace

Even if

This is

Where my 

Success remains

I want more

But I

Want Your

Will 

Most of all

15 comments:

  1. You are not alone, Regine.

    Have a blessed day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. His will for our lives is what we must pursue and value. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing is hard. Don't give up. You have a true talent with words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep writing! God's given you skill in that department. However, I think we all need to keep pushing in many aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful gift and were meant to write. Your words inspire many people. Hang tough and have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all go through difficult times and you must try to look for things that make you happy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just one amazing person and a gifted writer. Everyone has struggles and blank minds at times. But keep smiling and moving forward. We had company for two weeks, now to get back into the swing of things. I hope something good happens to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay well. God Bless. Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen to His will! I feel like I have to start over too sometimes. Have a wonderul week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't ever doubt your writing, my friend. It is beautiful, and what you said at the end is special, indeed.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete