Saturday, October 19, 2024

Apple

 Carrots

And apples

For my equine 

Friend

Who just

Gave me

A ride 

Worthy

Of a thoroughbred 

Gave me 

An adrenaline rush

An endorphin kick

To rival 

Any workout

Now

He’s back

In his stall

Getting a cool down

And kisses

For God’s creatures

Can provide

The best therapy

For my rattled worldview 

A simple Saturday morning 

Spent with creation

Reviving a heart

That needed

Sweet surrender

And a hope

That isn’t measured

In treasures 

That rust

And rot

Over time

5 comments:

  1. You paint a lovely picture with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the horse was as happy with you as you were with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I can't imagine a better way to spend a fall day than riding a horse. (If I had one.)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. True hope cannot be measured in earthly treasure, can it? Loved your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a horse girly so this makes me so happy - love the way you put these feelings and actions into words!

    xx

    ReplyDelete