Saturday, October 5, 2024

Long read

 I’m okay physically. Mentally, I’m coming out of survival mode. I woke up last night reaching for a flashlight I no longer need. I rode to town yesterday, and as I looked around, how I have power and water is a miracle. I open up to write and tears flow. Tears of relief and guilt mix. I asked my therapist how long this would last. Her guess. A while. I prayed for one week for power, and one the seventh day, He delivered.  Honestly, I doubted after day two, but God was showing me something. I’m strong. You do things you never thought you would. 

I got rid of so many undergarments. Please don’t think going to the bathroom outdoors is an easy task for everyone. My pride had to go. Doing laundry by hand is exercise. The washing machine is a luxury. I know now why on the seventh day rest is commanded. 

I have power and water. Gratitude holds new meaning. I will continue writing, I don’t know how it will look. 

Grace 

What 

I need

As I move forward

Not forgetting

That suffering

Happens every day

Yet we persist

My life

Not my own

Anymore

Dreaming of 

Exotic places

And wild spaces

Yet knowing

The next steps

Will require

Courage

Navigating

Silver spooned

Blue blooded

Nature doesn’t discriminate 

Until the fire 

Refines you

Compassion

Is not a given

When the 

Trials of humanity

Come to the door

Yours

Do you 

Give freely

Willingly

And without pretense

What seven days

Shows

Is change happens

Even as our

Eyes are 

Wide open 

Gratefulness

And grief

Intertwine

Positivity

Meets reality

In a delicate dance

I never wanted

To partake in


5 comments:

  1. What a blessing to realize that God gives you what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But here you are. That is something to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we're stronger than we realize.
    Faith can give us all the strength we need. Thank you very much for sharing your words and your experiences. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have power and water and you are still here and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice post of gratitude and thankfulness. Beautiful. All praise and Glory to God Almighty!

    ReplyDelete