Sunday, August 16, 2026

A return to the pews

 Sat in a pew

First time

In a long time

It didn’t cure 

My doubt

But it gave me 

Some joy

A joy

I didn’t have

To fake

I let people 

Love me

And accept

Their love

With no question

As to why

Or search

For a motive


There’s something

About the old 

Country church

Muddy boots

And scuffed Crocs

Where there

Is no pretense


I had to hold my tongue

When I disagreed

With others

I didn’t try

To be 

The grammar police


I just let 

Them feed me

Food

Say thank you

And let 

The Lord

Be the lamp

Onto my feet

8 comments:

  1. beautiful!! feeling joy, there is nothing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joy of the Lord is our strength. Blessings, Regine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so special to sit at the pews in my church, whether it's at Mass or just visiting inside the church. I'm glad you were able to sit and stay a while.

    Have a blessed week, Regine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something about being present in a smaller church family - the love and care is so genuinely expressed, without reserve and without questions
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great. Have a nice week ahead. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pleased you were able to sit in the pews and stay a while.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your church experience sounds lovely. There's something about an old country church where the hearts of those attending love the Lord and aren't pretentious. Grammar does not matter to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete