Thursday, September 2, 2021

Cane pole

 Cane pole

Some worms

A coke

And Lance crackers


A day on the lake. The wind and wake combine to form ecstasy. Late summer sun with a breeze as my portable fan. Just cruising around looking at my favorite homes. Which one do I pick?  It’s almost like I would jump out of the boat, swim and introduce myself to the owners. I could only imagine them sipping sweet tea on that veranda. My only offer is a hearty hey there. When I got home, I’d just shower and collapse into my clean green sheets. My dog would still smell like lake water after he fell in, thinking he had twinkle toes as he made his way around the boat.  He would soon find out to the contrary. I can taste the sunscreen and melted Hershey bars that made a mess of my beautiful and carefree countenance. 


Simple

Summer

In the 

South

Leaves

Me wanting 

More

As Autumn

Waits to make

Her Grand Entrance

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful text and poem.
    Have a nice day.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Regine,
    Lovely story and yes, one would at times want to swim into 'new' adventures and meeting new people.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved both the prose and the poetry, Regine.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Rue, I could just picture this lovely scene as I read this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words, sounds like a wonderful day at the lake.
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds beautiful. Really beautiful - though autumn is one of my favourite seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a perfect day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cane pole and worms, that sure brings back the memories of fishing with my Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't guessed where you lived until you said a 'hey, there' and then I knew! lol What a beautiful scene you painted with words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a wonderfully visual writer. This is such a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even I two different thoughts when I read your words. Water...one was of our town which has a great deal of flooding with our recent hurricane.... but the other image was of me back when I was a little girl and my MOTHER would take me fishing along a small creek near us...I never caught anything...but sitting near that water relaxing with my Mother brought back pleasant memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple lovely words you share with all of us. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! I have great summertime memories too. I sometimes wish I could relive them, but not if I had to go through the same things again as I grew up.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like an idyllic day, and daydream :). Enjoy your last days of summer
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun and yet exhausting day at the lake! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your words conjure up a lovely scene. This sounds like the perfect way to wile away a late summer day. we have to make the most of the season while it's still here right ;p Enjoy the long weekend!t <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh those wonderful end of summer days :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fond memories :) Cane pole fishing, hoping not to catch anything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks a lot for giving us such a helpful information

    Best electric leaf blower

    ReplyDelete