Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Heart

It’s the simple things that teach me the most. God, You use anything. Always using the ordinary to prove a point. Lacing up my new braces this morning left me almost in a fit of rage. As much as I appreciate the new, I was ready to embrace the old, comfortable and worn in braces. They’re dirty and battered. I’m acquainted with them. The new ones are not exactly the same shape, consistency and feel. The laces are different. They look similar, but not the same. I notice I can complain about blessings. The braces are blessings. It is a privilege to walk. Putting one foot forward after the other is an honor. It’s not something I’m fully cognizant of until I sit and let it simmer.  My complaint is another’s blessing. 

My gratitude list

Cerebral Palsy-you have given me more than I deserve. Seeing the world in a way I would never have otherwise. You break my heart daily. It’s not a bad thing. It gives me a gratitude for the nation of my birth. I’m granted the desires of my heart almost every day. 

God-  When I honestly and wholeheartedly seek you, I’m truly stunned at what You do in every moment. Why, no longer matters. I still want to know, but I’m afraid I already know. Without Cerebral Palsy I wonder if I would fully depend on you.  It’s true. I am too stubborn for my own good. I think I know it all way too much. CP humbles me in a way that shatters me. I am left gasping for breath. In need of air from the giver of my life. 

Broken, reimagined and rewoven. Each and every day. 
The song says “You can have my heart”. You made it. I just share it back with its Creator

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful words, your attitude is great. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fully depend on God at all times. I know I need to do the same, however, my life is seemingly easy, so I neglect to put God and His wonders ahead of my wants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so admire you, Regine, for your trust in God for all things and are thankful even in the midst of grumbling and complaining. We all do that, with some of us having little or no reason to do so.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth. People call it an affliction but God calls it mercy. Hard to get your head around it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your strength and great attitude to overcome
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and love your attitude! He sends His mercies every day <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Regine,
    None of us will live forever and most of us have no clue as when and what will happen.
    You at least are in the knowledge of what is bothering you and there is some help for it.
    Most people resist any change, it is a matter of perseverance and willpower for pushing through that initial time. Focus on the nearby future, when you're again familiar with every detail of your new braces!
    We just had a sad tiding on Monday as I was driving home, almost there... A message of a young Father to a 11.5 year old boy and husband of 17 years to his sweet wife. God took him home after he had heart issues. His heart got repaired a few years back but it did not last long...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your inner strength and faith and ability to express it, help us all and give us hope. Thanks. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful words,. You have a great attitude.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quanto mais buscar forças no Pai, mais sentirá energizada, para superar estas coisas da vida nesta longa caminhada. Nada pode ferir nossa fé.
    Brava e guerreira Regine vá em frente com sua fé.
    Beijo e paz no coração.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a most fabulous attitude. Beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Regine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a wonderful attitude! SO many blessings we all have and sometime things annoy us. It is human nature and your thoguhts here tell me how grateful you are to have the new brace. I know you will adjust to it and get comfortable wearing it. :-) Have a beautiful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm humbled and impressed with your attitude and gratitude toward the Lord. Thank you for taking us along on your journey.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been blessed. Don't forget your incredible talent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such an inspiration to me. Today it is my right shoulder. I never know when my body plays joint roulette what is going to swell and cause pain and then here you are with your positive uplifting remarks and I am reminded to be grateful. Thank Rue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your words always touch my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you persevere with them. And always good to be grateful no matter what :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a great attitude and are an inspiration to many. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Regine - this is beautiful! And your attitude is a great testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Regine, thank you for sharing your heart. I appreciate all you write and being real with what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've got a great personality. I'm impressed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an awesome post Regine - so glad you have God to walk with you with such intimacy! I too would be lost without God, and I don't have the challenges that you do.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so inspiring, thanks for sharing!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  24. You really know how to see the best in things Regine. Our struggles really can be a blessing, but it's certainly not how we think of them.
    Thank you for sharing such struggles,
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this is so deep and such great insight and way to think about our misfortunes in life. I need to always look for the good in every situation, just having God to lean on each and every day along is something to be so thankful for, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is beautiful my friend! Your courage and strength is so inspiring. Praying for peace in your heart as you journey with these new braces.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was such a beautiful reminder to us all--be thankful .

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is absolutely beautiful. That your CP was at the top of the list should be a lesson for us all.

    ReplyDelete