Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Peace

 This morning my nephew gave me a gift. One I didn’t know I needed. It’s an appreciation for home. The one you can’t replace. The one you can’t live without. It’s my everyday canvas. One I don’t take time to nourish. It’s the blades of grass that ground my feet and tickle my toes. It’s the wildlife in my backyard that make it home. It’s the place that is always there. While I dream of big cities and glittering, shiny lights, it’s the grass being cut by the tractor in the pasture, where I know God is. I went to the doctor yesterday getting medicine injected into the pump in my abdomen, I felt peace. Peace, it’s coming because I’ve been coming to acceptance. Acceptance that God will provide what I can’t. In this season, thankfulness has a new meaning. Freedom. It’s not Christmas yet, but I’m celebrating like it is. 

14 comments:

  1. Dorothy nailed it in Wizard of Oz -- There's no place like home. And yes, sometimes we take it so for granted and never should. Thanks for your visits and good words. They mean a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Regine,
    Yes, our appreciation for home means acceptance and contentness—which means true happiness.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gifts like this are priceless and should be celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas can be celebrated everyday. Our Gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a wonderful day Rue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home is a most wonderful place.

    Have a blessed day, Regine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this. Yes, lets celebrate Christmas every day with joy and acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - thank you for that Rue - I needed it after the health news I received this week. God is so good, and I can see how He has gone ahead of me all the way.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to heard that you are finding peace in your own backyard. He provides. :)

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful words that my heart needs too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words, I am so glad you called by so I could come and read this x

    ReplyDelete