Monday, July 24, 2023

Forty

 Forty observations

5.  I can be upset, but my anger mustn’t fester. I don’t have the luxury of anger. It only triggers my anxiety and depression. Those two things may not leave anytime soon. I need to learn to cope. I’ve not coped with my past or present. I’ve been reminded of it this week. 

6.  When I can’t internalize God’s words, I turn on gospel music. The African-American church loved me in a way I can’t explain. Much like churches in foreign nations have brought me peace. I immerse myself in a culture that loves me without expectation. 

7. The world may be cruel, but I must not repay with cruelty. Two wrongs don’t make a right. I’m learning this very deliberately. If I repaid all the misdeeds of others with meanness, it wouldn’t cease. My lineage is an eye for an eye, but my Savior demands the opposite. 

8.  As long as I’m able to live I’ve been given the directive to love as He has loved me. That is a goal to actively seek. I am hopeful to be up to the task, and willing of the call. Love yourself and one another

9 comments:

  1. Turning 30 and 50 affected me more for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to this, especially #7!
    Thank you, darling, for reaching out. I've battled depression for most of my life. Going thru a really rough patch since losing my job 2 months ago. I appreciate you :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life gets sweeter and sweeter as we age. It does if we let it.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Regine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such wise thoughts and so very reflective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving others as God has loved us is the loftiest goal any of us could reach for, Regine. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kindness never goes astray - to give or to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right about the anger. It just doesn't help the situation, does it? Though, that knowledge doesn't always make it any easier to cope with.
    Take special care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Number 7 is so wise, and too many do the opposite. I'm so glad you understand this, dear friend. It's not easy, but it's true.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete