Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Lord

 Lord,

It’s me. I’m here at your throne because when I feel I’ve reached self-sufficiency, You remind me that’s not the case. My need for help is evident. Honestly, I detest that fact. It’s no secret. I’ve not hidden my displeasure from view. It’s a matter of public record. Almost eleven years of blogging is here to be a visual time stamp. In eleven years, it’s the one thing that I’ve not gotten over. I despise asking for help. Asking for help is anxiety inducing. It’s a trigger point for me. In physical therapy, they’ve found that most of my upper left leg is central for trigger points. The tone there is immense. I don’t know how to explain tone with regards to Cerebral Palsy. Google was no help either. This is all to say mentally and physically I’m addressing what I swore I’d never do. Never say never. The truest words I’ve ever written. What I’m saying is that you will come to a point where the trigger becomes too big to ignore. Address it before it becomes the albatross. I learn everything the hard way. I complicate simplicity, and make simplicity look like scaling Everest. I accept this truth, until it no longer mirrors my reality. 

Love one another and self. 

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for your words and insights and hard lessons learned. And hang in there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate asking for help too!! My dad instilled it in me at a very young age that we are never to ask for help...but, sometimes we have to! I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't feel bad about asking for help. We all need it at some point in our lives, and there are those who love to give, help, and love. It makes the world a better place when we give and receive. We are reminded that we are all brothers and sisters in this world. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving help and love makes us feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what? You are reacting just the way we all would. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone needs help, most of us don't like to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is much easier to be the one giving help than receiving it. I'm not good at it either and can be pretty stubborn about the whole thing. But I have to remind myself, that helping others blesses the giver - so when you accept help, in a way, you are helping back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like what Mari said, by accepting help you are helping back. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you love.

    https://www.photosbycris.com.au/inci-and-rod-jones-food-family-love-and-art/

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you write this, God 'hears' and loves you regardless, Regine, and His heart yearns to help
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete