Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Cards

 I’ve been pushing the pedals, pushing the limits of what my body can do. It’s exhausting yet a form of sweet torture I crave. My home will soon resemble a gym with as many implements to keep my body from deterioration. Disability is speeding up the process.  It’s a fact I can no longer deny. What I am not denying is that my body needs all the help it can get. I can no longer treat my body poorly. My mind either. They’re intertwined. Inextricably linked. 

Disability

Requires

A character

That thrives

Under fire

And occasional discomfort

Molded by trial

And tribulation

An unwavering determination

To never surrender

To circumstances

Not under my control

Play the cards

Then pray

16 comments:

  1. You are smart to be aware and informed about your disability and trying to do everything you need to for a better life. It's such a hard thing for you, I understand.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time and one step at a time. You can do this, Regine.

    Have a blessed day, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wise words! Adding my prayers to yours. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so inspirational, Regine. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, we're very proud of you and your positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there, you are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there!
    You are admirable.

    Hugs and blessings, R

    ReplyDelete