Friday, July 21, 2023

You too

 To live 

loved and appreciated 

Is a gift

I don’t know 

If many can fully 

Comprehend 

Disability 

Has given me

Access

To the

Life lessons 

Most humans

May never 

Understand 


I see the world 

For what it is

Yet hold out

Hope 

For miracles 

That my thoughts 

Be disproven

With confident conviction 


I’m showing you 

My battles 

The physical 

Ankles and knees

And the emotional scars 

I shamefully hid

The depression 

And anxiety 

That almost 

Sunk my ship 

If I’m honest

I’m always going 

To need therapy 

Of some sort 

And I accept 

That fact

With pride

I want to live 

A life

That says

God made

It happen here

And He wants

To do 

The same 

For you 


12 comments:

  1. Ever is important to have emotional strengh, and ever do all that the doctors says, for to recover the máximum of good health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With love and a prayer for that the Good Lord shower you with blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first lines remind me of the quote "To love and be loved is to feel the sun on both sides." You are precious and I love the way you are such a wonderful wordsmith, crafting them from your own experience and pain
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said. Something for us all to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So well worded, sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such true words! Enjoy your Saturday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this poem. I have a big smile on now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you hugs and well wishes, Regine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a raw, truthful, post. I've never met you, but I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your thoughts are special as I read them this Sunday morning.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete