Sunday, June 30, 2024

My own

 The mountains beckon me

Year round

In summer

My nephew

Climbs the trees

Skips rocks

Uses stumps

As an obstacle course

And finds flowers

To pick

Enjoying 

His antics

Makes me 

Feel like

A kid again

Where joy 

Is made

Not found

I see God 

In the laughs

Emitted

Committed 

To memory

For contentment

Is a commodity

Taken for granted

And not appreciated

As the gift

That is without 

Price


Recounting memories that bring peace and joy to restore my contentment in creation. My own. His. 

Trust

Obey

It starts

And ends 

There


Lover yourself and one another

R

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed these thoughts today. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! It brought back so many fun memories of being up in the mountains and playing like that as a kid. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so dear that you appreciate the children around you and their innocence. I don't see that every day, and it's a wonderful thing. I can just visualize your nephew climbing the trees and skipping rocks. Francesca did the same thing last week when we hiked the waterfalls. It's such a joy to see children play and just be kids, isn't it?

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see this as I read it. Such a beautiful picture you've painted with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words embraced me and my own childhood memories of delight. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful words once again Regine
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete