Tuesday, July 23, 2024

New York days

The redhead

In a DVF wrap

Strolling the

Upper East Side

In a Chloe satchel

Clutching a coffee

From Ralph’s

While her 

Manolo’s clack

Against the sidewalk

At a breakneck pace

That makes me dizzy

Just being the casual

Observer I am

I’m headed 

To another borough

To catch

The Bronx Bombers

Show the 

Rest of 

The American League

How it’s done

Too bad

I reminisce 

About

The past

When it 

Was the Jeter show

And a closeout

By Mariano

To seal the deal

8 comments:

  1. What a fun poem ~ way to go ~ hugs,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit New York in a Chloe satchel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to a Yankees game. I have not been to the new stadium yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created another word picture for me. I can see New York!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way I can see New York through your words!

    xx

    ReplyDelete