Friday, July 26, 2024

Cinq

 Five things

Even since the social media cleanse, I realize how addicted I’d become. The desire for stuff, and the perfect lives of people had made my depression eat me from the inside out. I still have those desires, but with time I hope it subsides more. I spend less time on my phone, and in the real world. What a blessing. 

I actually stare out my window, and wait for today’s story to come to fruition. It’s so different from how I would normally try and craft my narrative. 

The pressure I put on myself to be productive was insane. My health is still recovering from my self imposed need to stay busy. Because busy is good apparently. 

Birthday is coming up. Don’t know how I will celebrate. I don’t know what I want. 

My favorite gift already came. It’s a birthday card from my friend Borqna. My Bulgarian friend knows how to cheer me up while reminding me of my worth. 

Have a beautiful day. 

Love yourself and one another. 

Regine

15 comments:

  1. Social media can be so draining to our spirit and sense of worth. I'm so glad I gave up Facebook ages ago.
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true and important message for all of us to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had any social media and never will. I only blog. Nice that you got the card. I hope you enjoy your birthday :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging is as close as I come to social media - and I still get lost down innumerable rabbit holes. I love that you are finding value in your break - and yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday soon. I have been on X and Truth Social a bit too much, it is healthy to limit online time. Have a beautiful day. I have been singing a song today that applies to you too "How wonderful, how marvelous, is my Savior's love for me."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Social media can be so toxic. I'm glad you're moving past it onto better things for yourself. I hope this means an improvement to both your physical and mental health my friend. You deserve all the good things <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. The real world is so much better than social media. It takes alot to keep it in check though. Goos for you for choosing health! You deserve all the good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I no longer do social media. It is very toxic . Blogging is my "social" media.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still on facebook but not very much. When we lived in Spokane I used it to help keep up with old friends and our family who lived here. Now that we've moved back home after 30 years in Spokane, I use it to keep up with our friends and church family there. I can honestly say though that I am on it less than 15 minutes a day. Just long enough to see if anything important is happening in someone's world that I should know about. :-) Otherwise I don't remember the last time I was on IG. Probably well over 2 years ago?
    Take care.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear your Regine - I have been limiting my time on social media also - it really is freeing!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taking a break from social media sounds like it has brought you clarity and peace. It's great to hear you're focusing on the real world and your well-being. Cherish those genuine connections, like the one with your friend Borqna. Have a wonderful birthday and take care. READ MY NEW BLOG POST> THANK YOU>

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! A break is good for all of us. I will definitely be watching the Olympics, especially running events. It's so hot I haven't been turning the oven on so much - but baking sounds nice. Have you made anything?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great day. Yes, I've missed a lot of social media during art camp -- and it's been a good thing. (I've also missed news, Olympics, all media!)

    ReplyDelete