Monday, July 22, 2024

Horse

 Riding the horse in the early morning underneath the shadow of the trees, I take in the solace of your silent words. I guide the horse underneath the tree to pluck an apple. One for me and one for my friend. Taking a few moments to pet this divine animal who makes me euphoric. Animals are God’s gifts to us human who make simplicity seem so difficult. 

Run wild 

And free

My fierce

And regal

Companion

You love

As I caress

Your mane

And rub

Your ears

As you lean

Back

And find delight

In my touch

10 comments:

  1. You paint a lovely picture with these words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words weave magic here. I feel like I'm on horseback right with you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a horse rider and I feel like I'm riding with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, it felt like I was right there with you on the other horse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt I was right there, riding along with you! Beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could almost feel the gentle touch of the horse's mane and the calm of the early morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love horseback riding! Love these words to describe this animal and experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a delightful memory. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't ridden in thirty years, but you take me back. Thank you.... Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your words flow so nicely, as I am visualizing you on the horse. I used to love to ride horses, and I think if given the chance, I would get on one today and let him ride wild and free. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete