Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Thank you

 Thank you for all your love and support after yesterday’s post. I’ve reread it, and I’ve laid all my burdens out. I’ve laid the shame so that the world can see. Yet it taught me something. As much as I feel alone sometimes, I’m not. I guess its not so normal to put some of your innermost struggles for all to see. This morning a friend text me to ask how my spirit was. I’ve never felt so seen. She got it. My spirit needs living water. 

I was reminded that He loves me. Because He loves me. He desires His best for me. I’m just not a patient child. I want that candy now. I want that reward now. Faithful in small things leads to more. More of what I want. Lord, it all comes down to The Serenity Prayer. It all comes down to You. I’m not in control. The world says I am. You say no ma’am. Life teaches me how wrong the world is. 

My road to healing is going to take time. I can’t make it happen overnight. I come back to the hymn of trust and obey. The first is hard. The latter is more of a struggle. I don’t know why, but honestly I don’t have the words to explain it. 

So right now my joy for today is that I’m here to write. I’m here to continue the work that He has for me. And I’m grateful for people who give me the desire to go on this journey. 

18 comments:

  1. I read your post yesterday and was touched by your words, but for some reason couldn't get my comment to post.
    Thanks for your honesty. I think most of us have those feelings sometimes. I appreciate you sharing and pray today is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best thing about Blogland -- a truly supportive community and I'm glad it has come through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're here! Sending hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all get it. People's lives seem so perfect on the outside, but seldom are that way on the inside. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not alone, Regine. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Genesis we see a story about Hagar "Sarah's handmade"
    it is the first time we see the name "El Roi " and it means the "God who sees me." The story is in Genesis 16. Over the years I've thought about why she would call God by this name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Growing in God is a lifelong journey - but so worth it.
    In the rough and the smooth, we know He 'gets it', and knows us better than we know ourselves, even when we feel isolated and alone.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you can put into words what you are feeling and a lot of people are feeling too. You are a very brave and lovely person, I just want to say, your words help us too. Big Hugs my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you are having a tough time. Blog friends really are the best and so uplifting. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes it helps to get all your woes out and be heard! Hope you're feeling better, Regine! I received your card in the mail and it made me smile, so thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tuve el placer de trabajar estrechamente con el Sr. Pedro durante varios años como socios comerciales. Durante el tiempo que Pedro y su equipo de compañía de préstamos sirvieron como Representante Hipotecario para mi casa y también para el financiamiento de mi negocio y me ayudaron a cerrar préstamos que realmente me ayudaron en mi negocio hoy, estuvimos consistentemente muy por encima de nuestra meta y esto solo puede atribuible al duro trabajo del señor Pedro. Aprecio su arduo trabajo y también muchas gracias a su equipo por ayudarme con un préstamo para hacer crecer mi negocio. Si está buscando un préstamo de cualquier tipo, comuníquese con el Sr. Pedro en...pedroloanss@gmail.com
    Whatsapp +393510140339 El Sr. Pedro es un oficial de préstamos honesto que trabaja con una gran cantidad de inversores dispuestos a financiar cualquier proyecto.
    Afortunadamente, con el tiempo nuestra relación creció más allá del trabajo y todavía estoy feliz de poder considerarlo un amigo de confianza.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many times the world tries to reassure us that we are in control. I'm so glad that you realize that He is in control. Please listen to Him, and not the world so much. Our fellow man can be twisted and deceiving at times.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a lot of friends in blogland.
    Stay strong.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete